Pioneer Valley Connect was a regional economic development effort with the goal of creating an advanced telecommunications landscape that would offer affordable, reliable and redundant high capacity broadband services available throughout the Pioneer Valley.
It believed that by having the private and public sector working together, it would be able to reach a solution that would give businesses and organizations throughout the entire Pioneer Valley the opportunity to be part of the global information network.
- Address current and future telecommunications needs of Pioneer Valley businesses, organizations and residents to remain competitive in the global marketplace.
- Encourage private sector investment by telecommunication providers to create a ubiquitous, accessible, reliable, and affordable telecommunications network in the Pioneer Valley.
- Support a competitive telecommunications marketplace in the region.
- Ensure broadband deployment in both urban and rural unserved areas.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and collaborate on other telecommunications projects in the region.